SERVICE TECHNICIAN – ONTARIO & MANITOBA
Post Date: November 8, 2022
Closing Date: Open until filled
Location: VARIOUS LOCATIONS - ONTARIO & MANITOBA
Do you enjoy a hands-on approach and learning about new technology?
The Role:Prairie Mobile Communications is looking for Service Technicians to join our Ontario locations in Vaughn (Greater Toronto Area) and Windsor. As well as Manitoba locations in Brandon and Russell. These are full-time permanent opportunities. As a valuable member of our service team, your focus will be on meeting customer expectations regarding two-way radio communications products and services. Primary responsibilities include onsite technical maintenance, repair, troubleshoot, and diagnose of complex wireless communication systems. This role will also be involved in the installation of equipment, both in-shop and field environments, as well as in buildings and various kinds of vehicles. This position will interact directly with customers, and therefore will be expected to deliver exceptional customer service while maintaining a professional attitude and appearance. All levels of experience are welcome to apply.
- A recognized certificate or diploma in a related field such as Telecommunications Networking, Communications Engineering Technology or RF Electronics (an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered).
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role is an asset (will train the right candidate).
- Experience in repair and programming two-way radios, antennae, coax cable and connectors and remote terminals is an asset.
- Be mechanically inclined and able to work with and maintain hand tools and small power tools.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to install software.
- Must be able to travel long distances and possess a valid Driver’s License for travel to customer sites and training requirements.
- Must be able to obtain security clearance if required by customers.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and/or pull up weights to a maximum of 50 lbs.
Why Choose Prairie Mobile:
- Competitive wage and comprehensive benefits including extended health, dental, and vision plans.
- Employee Retention Programs including Long Term Service Awards and Education Assistance Program.
- RRSP Matching Program.
- Professional training and development.
- Team based environment.
- Continuous support to succeed in your role.
Register your email and we'll send you updates when new positions are posted.