SERVICE TECHNICIAN – INSTALLER – GRANDE PRAIRIE
Post Date: August 3, 2022
Closing Date: Open until filled
Location: Grande Prairie, AB.
Do you enjoy a hands-on approach and learning about new technology?
Prairie Mobile Communications is Canada’s largest independently owned provider of wireless communication technologies. With 25 locations across Canada, we are one of Kenwood Canada’s largest Land Mobile Radio Dealers and one of SaskTel’s largest Authorized Dealers. We offer SaskTel Cellular & Data, Internet and Max TV services in Saskatchewan, along with two-way radio sales and service throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario. We are proud to partner with SaskTel, Kenwood, Motorola, Icom, L3Harris, PBE and many other great companies!
Prairie Mobile Communications is growing and looking to build a team of exceptional talent who share our core values and will place an emphasis on enhanced customer experience. We are looking for a driven Service Technician – Installer to join our two-way radio service team based in Grande Prairie, AB. This is a full-time, permanent role. All levels of experience are welcome to apply.
As a valuable member of our service team, your focus will be on meeting customer expectations regarding two-way radio communications products and services. Primary responsibilities include onsite and offsite two-way radio installations, diagnosis, repairs, and maintenance, with a focus on installing communications equipment in various kinds of vehicles. This position may interact directly with customers, and therefore will be expected to deliver exceptional customer service while maintaining a professional attitude and appearance.
This position is based on-site in Grande Prairie, AB providing local support, however the successful candidate must be willing and able to travel throughout the province to support other projects as required.
- Install communications equipment in shop and field environments, as well as in buildings and various kinds of vehicles (i.e., police automobiles, ambulances, trucks, etc.)
- Troubleshoot and diagnose radio receiver and transceiver units, cell-phone boosters, accessories, coaxial cable, test equipment and other related equipment.
- Provide internal advice on technical matters concerning radio and test equipment to the sales and service departments.
- Clean and organize the service vehicle; load/unload equipment and supplies.
- Maintain frequency database and library reference materials.
- Assist with programming radio equipment for the sales and service departments.
- Assist in site maintenance procedures at all Prairie Mobile sites within the region as needed.
- Provide front counter assistance and support as required; ensure a level of efficient, courteous customer service is maintained at all times.
- Possess or currently working towards a recognized certificate or diploma in a related field such as Telecommunications Networking, Communications Engineering Technology or RF Electronics.
- Some experience in a similar role is an asset (will train the right candidate).
- Be mechanically inclined, and able to work with hand tools and small power tools.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be able to travel long distances and possess a valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record for travel to customer sites, training requirements, and other projects.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and/or pull up weights to a maximum of 50 lbs.
What We Offer:
- Competitive wage and comprehensive benefits including extended health, dental, and vision plans.
- Employee Retention Programs including Long Term Service Awards and Education Assistance Program.
- RRSP Matching Program.
- Continuous training and coaching to succeed in your role.
If you are looking to join a dynamic team that is results-oriented, adaptable, and possess a positive can-do attitude, we welcome your application submission.