SERVICE TECHNICIAN – GRANDE PRAIRIE
Post Date: August 3, 2022
Closing Date: Open until filled
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Do you enjoy a hands-on approach and learning about new technology?Prairie Mobile Communications is Canada’s largest independently owned provider of wireless communication technologies. With 25 locations across Canada, we are one of Kenwood Canada’s largest Land Mobile Radio Dealers and one of SaskTel’s largest Authorized Dealers. We offer SaskTel Cellular & Data, Internet and Max TV services in Saskatchewan, along with two-way radio sales and service throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario. We are proud to partner with SaskTel, Kenwood, Motorola, Icom, L3Harris, PBE and many other great companies!
The Role:Prairie Mobile Communications is growing and looking to build a team of exceptional talent who share our core values and will place an emphasis on enhanced customer experience. We are looking for a driven Service Technician to join our two-way radio service team based in Grande Prairie, AB. This is a full-time, permanent role. All levels of experience are welcome to apply. As a valuable member of our service team, your focus will be on meeting customer expectations regarding two-way radio communications products and services. Primary responsibilities include onsite technical maintenance, repair, troubleshoot, and diagnose of complex wireless communication systems. This role will also be involved in the installation of equipment, both in-shop and field environments, as well as in buildings and various kinds of vehicles. This position will interact directly with customers, and therefore will be expected to deliver exceptional customer service while maintaining a professional attitude and appearance. This position is based on-site in Kenora, ON providing local support, however the successful candidate must be willing and able to travel throughout the country to support other projects as required.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair electronic equipment, including radio receiver and transceiver units, pagers, cell-phone boosters, accessories, coaxial cable, and test equipment.
- Program radio equipment for the sales and service department, and design and build various hardware to perform this function.
- Install communications equipment in shop and field environments, as well as in buildings and various kinds of vehicles (i.e., police automobiles, ambulances, trucks, etc.).
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on all customer and/or company owned wide area systems.
- Provide internal advice on technical matters concerning radio and test equipment to the sales and service departments.
- A recognized certificate or diploma in a related field such as Telecommunications Networking, Communications Engineering Technology or RF Electronics (an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered).
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role is an asset (will train the right candidate).
- Experience in repair and programming two-way radios, antennae, coax cable and connectors and remote terminals is an asset (will train the right candidate).
- Be mechanically inclined and able to work with and maintain hand tools and small power tools.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. • Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to install software.
- Knowledge of ERP is an asset.
- Must be able to travel long distances and possess a valid Driver’s License for travel to customer sites and training requirements.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and/or pull up weights to a maximum of 50 lbs.
What We Offer:
- Competitive wage and comprehensive benefits including extended health, dental, and vision plans.
- Employee Retention Programs including Long Term Service Awards and Education Assistance Program.
- RRSP Matching Program.
- Continuous training and coaching to succeed in your role.
Register your email and we'll send you updates when new positions are posted.