SENIOR SERVICE TECHNICIAN – WINDSOR
Post Date: June 24, 2022
Closing Date: Open until filled
Location: Windsor, ON
Do you have a passion for electronics communications? Are you looking to take your career into the next step?KELCOM Radio Solutions (now a division of the Prairie Mobile Communications Group) is looking to build a team of exceptional talent who share our core values and will place an emphasis on enhanced customer experience. We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Service Technician at our location in Windsor, ON. The Senior Service Technician will have advanced technical knowledge of two-way radio communication equipment and theories. This role will be responsible for supporting various complex RF radio systems including performing the set-up, installations, and repairs. These systems include but not limited to Motorola MOTOTRBO multi-site systems, DAS networks, IP based systems, P25 technologies, broadband/SCADA, AVL systems, consoles, and dispatch systems. This role will also be involved in coaching and supporting other members of the team.
- Installation, commission, maintenance, program, and repairs of all radio communications devices and systems.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on all customer and/or company owned wide are systems.
- Perform software, firmware, and hardware upgrades on small to large RF networks.
- Installation and maintenance of repeater systems.
- Perform new system builds, test, and perform customer training and long-term support to the client.
- Assist in the training and coaching of other service team members as needed.
- Provide advice on technical matters concerning radio and test equipment.
- Post-secondary education in a related field such as Telecommunications Networking, Communications Engineering Technology or RF Electronics.
- Minimum 5+ years related experience.
- Certified Engineering Technologist designation an asset.
- Ability to install, maintain, and repair base stations; repeater systems; remote controls; multiplexers; antennae systems; Point to Point radio link; battery pack-up systems; paging and dispatch consoles.
- Advanced technical knowledge of radio communication equipment.
- Excellent understanding of analogue and digital trunking systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently/with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and/or pull up weights to a maximum of 75lbs.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license; willing and able to travel as needed.
- Able to pass security, criminal, and background checks.
- May be required to take part in an on-call rotation to support customers.
What We Offer:
- Competitive wage and comprehensive benefits including extended health, dental, and vision plans
- Employee Retention Programs including Education Assistance Program
- RRSP Matching Program
- Continuous training and coaching to succeed in your role
Register your email and we'll send you updates when new positions are posted.