Post Date: August 11, 2022
Closing Date: Open until filled
Location: Vaughan, ON
Are you looking to join a growing company and lead a dynamic team?KELCOM Radio Solutions (now a division of the Prairie Mobile Communications Group) is looking to build a team of exceptional talent who share our core values and will place an emphasis on enhanced customer experience. We are currently seeking an experienced General Manager for our location in Vaughan, ON (Greater Toronto Area). With your passion to succeed, the General Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the branch. This role will work directly with team members and provide assistance with sales, customer service and relations. In addition, the General Manager is responsible for providing leadership, problem solving capabilities and maintain a positive work environment. The branch sales, service and administration teams report directly to the General Manager.
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the branch.
- Maintain stability and reputation of the store by complying with and enforcing the Company’s operational, personnel, and general policies and procedures.
- Maintain and provide in-depth knowledge Communication Services and products. Previous two-way radio experience is considered an asset. Continued learning and growing product knowledge in these categories is expected to maintain industry leading performance.
- Collaborate as needed with senior management and other departments (inventory, finance, human resources, etc.) to ensure continuous efficiency of branch operations, and drive strategies and tactics for growth.
- Ensure efficient and effective execution of operational goals that are tied to company and sales objectives by driving the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Identify and solicit new clients and business avenues; enhance business development; promote sales to existing clientele; and develop relationships with corporate and residential customers.
- Manage selling and customer service activities and staff competence in these areas, to optimize and sustain sales performance, profitability, and customer satisfaction.
- Manage upkeep and condition of the store’s general appearance, equipment, and fixtures.
- Manage and lead staff; prepare work schedules and assign goals and specific duties as required.
- Maintain inventory control and ensure adequate stock levels of product, and reinforce protection of company assets and merchandise.
- Determine staffing requirements and oversee the interview, hiring and training of new employees with the assistance of the corporate human resources department.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner. Model, lead by example and be an ambassador of our culture’s vision, mission and values.
- Post-secondary education in a related field, e.g., Business/Management or equivalent an asset.
- 10+ years experience in business management.
- Demonstrated understanding of sales, finance, and operational management.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with training and oversight of Sales, Service, and Administration positions would be an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to relate and demonstrate positive working relationships with all levels of staff, customers, and external contacts.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the ability to balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Maintain a high personal integrity, professionalism, and maturity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- A valid driver’s license for travel as needed.
- Must have positive energy – celebrate success, be enthusiastic and choose a can-do attitude. (#SuperHighFive)
- Necessary to love learning, be innovative and continuously improve. (Curiosity)
- Empower others to be their best, step up and make it happen. (People Power)
- Own your commitments and keep your promises, hold one another accountable. (Ownership Thinking)
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including extended health, dental, and vision plans
- RRSP Matching Program including Education Assistance Program
- Continuous support to succeed in your role.
- Respectful and exciting workplace environment driven by our company culture values.
Register your email and we'll send you updates when new positions are posted.