BUSINESS COMMUNICATIONS CONSULTANT
Post Date: August 26, 2022
Closing Date: Open until filled
Location: Saskatchewan (Saskatoon or Regina)
Are you a self-motivated sales professional with a passion for wireless technology?
Prairie Mobile Communications is Canada’s largest independently owned provider of wireless communication technologies. With 26 locations across Canada, we are one of SaskTel’s largest authorized dealers and one of Kenwood Canada’s largest land mobile radio dealers.
We believe that wireless communication is a vital part of life today – and the future. It is how we stay connected with friends and family; it is how we discover new opportunities; it is how we learn about our world; it is how we plan for tomorrow. We are proud to be a part of this community by helping you achieve your goals through the use of cutting-edge technology.
What truly stands out in our organization is our people. We are a family of friendly and knowledgeable professionals that promote a team-based culture each and every day. We are focused and hardworking but also prioritize fun and aim to create an enjoyable environment for everyone. We take pride in the work we do, and our success is a testament to the exceptional customer service we provide.
As a team of people who believe in the power of communication, we are proud to have partnered with incredible companies such as: SaskTel, Kenwood, Motorola, Icom, L3Harris, PBE and many others.
Prairie Mobile Communications has an opportunity for a full-time Business Communications Consultant who can be based in one of our locations in Saskatoon or Regina, SK. Reporting to the Regional Manager, this role is responsible for growing sales within an assigned Account territory and providing after-sale support for existing clients. The Business Communications Consultant will provide effective business solutions to business customers through innovative & strategic planning, creating & delivering business presentations, superior customer service and prospecting in various regions.
- Use innovative selling techniques and product knowledge and act as single point of contact to grow business within existing base of accounts using the full suite of wireless (cellular and two-way radio) products and services.
- Analyze and pursue opportunities for prospecting additional business within assigned territory; identify and solicit new clients and promote sales to existing clientele.
- Represent the company with a positive attitude and strong work ethic that will maintain a maximum retention rate and manage growth.
- Develop account and relationship management strategies in order to gain insider status and to protect the account from any competitive activity.
- Share ideas by actively participating at regular sales meetings and fulfill required administrative duties to support your role.
- Own and troubleshoot customer problems and provide solutions by working with key internal contacts to maintain integrity of the business.
- Develop relationships with business and residential customers and record customer information in our CRM database.
- Consult with clients after the sale to resolve problems and provide ongoing support.
- Complete SaskTel activations, upgrades, product changes, plan changes, and other related functions.
- Provide knowledge and promote sales and company image when attending trade shows.
- Provide customers with competitive sales quotes and business offers.
- Maintain product knowledge through continuous learning and keep aware of current and competitive trends, prices, promotions and services.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in wireless and/or telecommunications industry, preferably managing major business accounts.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Business Administration or a related field preferred.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding assigned quotas.
- Solid understanding of wireless, data and telecom products and services.
- An innovative thinker in meeting customer requirements, with excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong strategic planning skills.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (Epicor/RQ Metrix) an asset.
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
- Must have positive energy – celebrate success, be enthusiastic and choose a can-do attitude. (#SuperHighFive)
- Necessary to love learning, be innovative and continuously improve. (Curiosity)
- Empower others to be their best, step up and make it happen. (People Power)
- Own your commitments and keep your promises, hold one another accountable. (Ownership Thinking)
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including extended health, dental, and vision plans
- RRSP Matching Program including Education Assistance Program
- Continuous support to succeed in your role.
- Respectful and exciting workplace environment driven by our company culture values.
If you are looking to join a dynamic team that is results-oriented, adaptable, and possess a positive can-do attitude, we welcome your application submission.