ACCOUNTING COORDINATOR – WINNIPEG
Post Date: June 17, 2022
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Do you have a keen eye for details and enjoy working with numbers?
Prairie Mobile Communications is looking for exceptional talent to join our Finance team! Prairie Mobile Communications is Canada’s largest independently owned provider of wireless communication technologies. With 25 locations across Canada, we are one of Kenwood Canada’s largest Land Mobile Radio Dealers and one of SaskTel’s largest Authorized Dealers. We offer SaskTel Cellular & Data, Internet and Max TV services in Saskatchewan, along with two-way radio sales and service throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario. We are proud to partner with SaskTel, Kenwood, Motorola, Icom, L3Harris, PBE and many other great companies!
Prairie Mobile Communications is growing and looking to build a team of exceptional talent who share our core values and will place an emphasis on enhanced customer experience. We are looking for a driven Accounting Coordinator to join our head office team in Winnipeg, MB.
The successful candidate will join a high performing Finance & Accounting team with a focus on supporting Prairie Mobile Communications’ Wireless division (SaskTel). You will be responsible for completing a variety of accounting and general administration duties in a timely and efficient manner. With your eagerness to learn and team player attitude, you will engage with and support other members of the team while taking on varying responsibilities to grow your career. You enjoy working with numbers, engaging with different stakeholders, have strong attention to detail skills, and excellent MS Excel skills. If you are looking to join a dynamic team and grow your career, we want to hear from you!
- Ensure accurate preparation and production of monthly reports.
- Prepare SaskTel invoicing, reconciliation, and settlements.
- Respond to inquiries in a timely manner and maintain good customer relations.
- Maintain, review, and update relevant wireless procedures as required.
- Provide support to wireless team members within the company.
- Complete projects as assigned related to wireless information.
- Process claims and vouchers for payment.
- Provide back-up support for various accounting and administrative functions and/or finance staff as needed.
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written).
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure.
- Possess a high level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other related field
- Experience in an analytical role in accounting, general bookkeeping or related field is an asset.
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Excel and Word. Advanced knowledge in Excel is an asset.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including extended health, dental, and vision plans.
- Employee Retention programs including Long Term Service Awards and Education Assistance Program.
- RRSP Matching Program.
- Continuous support to grow and succeed in your role.
If you are looking to join a dynamic team that is results-oriented, adaptable, and possess a positive can-do attitude, we welcome your application submission.